Course Records - Fred G. Bond Metro Park
Set a NEW course record & win a $10 gift code!
5K - Male: A. Moonen - 19:20 (2023) 5K - Female: G. Helfrich - 22:16 (2022)
10K - Male: D. Go - 38:58 (2023) 10K - Female: A. Pett - 48:15 (2022)
15K - Male: T. Fink - 1:10:47 (2023) 15K - Female: B. O'Donnell - 1:14:32 (2022)
Fit & Able is excited to bring back the Sunset Scramble at Bond Park! It's not quite a lap race but you will get your split times for each lap of your distance! There's ONE COURSE but THREE RACES for you to choose from to challenge yourself for how far you can go before the course closes. BUT you only have 2 hours to complete the distance of your choice so challenge yourself but pick what you think you can accomplish!
Since this is an evening race we are using a simple 5K course for all races that we can safely manage as it gets dark. Greater distance races will run increasing laps of that course. BUT the longer distances will ALSO get the split times for each 5K lap!
The course closes for all races at 7 PM. Runners will not be allowed to start a new lap after that point; any runners who can't complete their distance in the allowed time will be automatically transferred to the race distance they did complete. Runners who have started a lap before 6:30 PM will be allowed to finish their run and their full finish time and distance will be counted.
PLUS there will be special results for those races at each split too! So you may not win the race but you might win a lap or two!
PLUS PLUS you can race MULTIPLE distances and win MULTIPLE awards with ONE run and ONE finish time! How? If you sign up for multiple race distances, you will get a timing chip only for the longest distance but we will apply your lap split times as finish times to the shorter races. You will be eligible for the Overall, Age Group, and Lap Split awards for all registered events.
AND you'll get a DISCOUNT when you sign up for multiple races too (* discount applies to the lowest cost event on multiple registrations per participant):
If you are interested in sponsoring the Sunset Scramble please email Info@FitandAble.net for more information!
Sign up, invite friends and family to join you, and get over $150 in rewards and swag! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive up to a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 5 more friends (10 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 5 friends (15 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 25 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they can use the special code in your registration confirmation pop-up to get a $5 discount at checkout too!
You can also potentially get up to $15 off each team member's registration fee when you recruit a team!
1. First, create a team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your team. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link so you get the credit towards the referral swag!)
3. After 10 members join the team all will get an automatic $5 refund on their registration fee! Plus a $5 discount for future team members.
4. When your team reaches 25 members everyone will get another $5 refund! Plus a $10 discount for future team members.
5. AND, when your team reaches 50 members everyone will get yet another $5 refund! Plus a $15 discount for that last team member!
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
If you have a song you'd like us to add to the Official Sunset Scramble Playlist (and it's both appropriate for all ages and fits the Sunset Scramble theme!), then please send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check it out!
The Sunset Scramble and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Sunset Scramble.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.