In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Fit & Able is excited to bring back the Sunset Scramble at Bond Park! It's not quite a lap race but you will get your split times for each lap of your distance! There's ONE COURSE but FIVE RACES for you to choose from to challenge yourself for how far you can go before the course closes. BUT you only have 3 hours to complete the distance of your choice so challenge yourself but pick what you think you can accomplish!
Since this is an evening race we are using a simple 5K course for all races that we can safely manage as it gets dark. There will be plenty of light as the sun sets for early runners but the course will be lit by luminaria and glow sticks for longer distance runners. Greater distance races will run increasing laps of that course. BUT the longer distances will ALSO get the split times for each 5K lap!
PLUS there will be special awards for those races at each split too! So you may not win the race but you might win a lap or two and win prizes as well!
PLUS PLUS you can race MULTIPLE distances and win MULTIPLE awards with ONE run and ONE finish time! How? If you sign up for multiple race distances, you will get a timing chip only for the longest distance but we will apply your lap split times as finish times to the shorter races. You will be eligible for the Overall, Age Group, and Lap Split awards for all registered events.
AND you'll get a DISCOUNT when you sign up for multiple races too (* discount applies to the lowest cost event on multiple registrations per participant):
The course closes for all races at 9 PM. Runners will not be allowed to start a new lap after that point; any runners who can't complete their distance in the allowed time will be automatically transferred to the race distance they did complete. Runners who have started a lap before 9 PM will be allowed to finish their run and their full finish time and distance will be counted.
All finishers will get a Sunset Scramble medal and finishers gift. Shirt included with registration until March 20th. * Shipping included for virtual races.
Sunset Scramble is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Sunset Scramble please email Info@FitandAble.net for more information!
* * * Due to the constantly evolving pandemic situation any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be emailed to all registered participants prior to the race. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Fred G. Bond Metro Park (801 High House Rd., Cary, NC 27513). (Venue subject to change as permitted by local officials.)
Course Information: The course is around Bond Park with dirt, grass, paved, and natural trails with moderate to big hills; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the Small or Medium Lap races (they are not allowed in the Large Lap race). Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 6:00 PM -10:00 PM. As a thank you for your help all volunteers will receive a $15 Fit & Able gift code after the race!
Race Souvenirs: Sunset Scramble medal, shirt, and finishers gift are included with registration guaranteed until March 20th. Additional shirts, medals, and finishers gifts are also available for purchase separately while supplies last. * In-person race packets will not be shipped!
Awards: Awards are calculated by most laps in the allowed time; tie breakers by fastest total time. Awards are provided by Omega Sports and Fit & Able Productions. Save your Sunset Scramble bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on April 9th at 10 AM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
* Final pre-race packet pickup information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the virtual race.
Race Location: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run.
Course Information: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: All results must be submitted by participants; we highly recommend tracking your run on RaceJoy (completely optional!), which can automatically submit your finish time. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
Race Souvenirs: Sunset Scramble medal, shirt, and finishers gift are included with registration guaranteed until March 20th. Additional shirts, medals, and finishers gifts are also available for purchase separately while supplies last. * Virtual race packets will be shipped!
Packet Pick-up: Race packet shipping is included with virtual race registration. All packets will be shipped the week following the in-person race.
Awards: Awards are calculated by most distance in the allowed time; tie breakers by fastest total time. Awards are provided by Fit & Able Productions. Awards will be emailed to winners. Save your Sunset Scramble bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes April 9th at 10 AM.
Sign up, invite friends and family to join you, and get over $150 in rewards and swag! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 5 more friends (10 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 5 friends (15 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 25 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours of you registering they will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
You can also potentially get up to $15 off each team member's registration fee when you recruit a Charity Race Team!
1. First, create a Charity Race Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your team. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link so you get the credit towards the referral swag!)
3. After 10 members join the team all will get an automatic $5 refund on their registration fee! Plus a $5 discount for future team members.
4. When your team reaches 25 members everyone will get another $5 refund! Plus a $10 discount for future team members.
5. AND, when your team reaches 50 members everyone will get yet another $5 refund! Plus a $15 discount for that last team member!
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
Some Restrictions Apply. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
If you have a song you'd like us to add to the Official Sunset Scramble Playlist (and it's both appropriate for all ages and fits the Sunset Scramble theme!), then please send your suggestion to email@example.com and we will check it out!
The Sunset Scramble and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Sunset Scramble.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.